Employment Status: Full time
Work Schedule and Environment: Monday- Friday. Occasional early morning, weekend, or limited evening hours may be required. Flexible Work Schedule, Collaborative Work Environment
Location: Office is located in Raritan Township, NJ.
Compensation and Benefits: A competitive salary has been set for this position. Salary details will be discussed with applicants invited to interview. Health Insurance, Paid time off, 401K Plan with employer match, mileage reimbursement.
goHunterdon is a dynamic 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to safe, sustainable transportation community mobility with an emphasis on active transportation. Our small staff works collaboratively to deliver programs and services throughout Hunterdon County, NJ engaging with municipalities, schools, non-profit partners, and local, state and regional advocates.
We are seeking an individual to bring energy, enthusiasm, and experience to support and grow goHunterdon’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Programs. If you are someone who thrives on interactive hands-on work, making a difference, seeing the impact of your work on a daily basis, and looking for variety in your work efforts, goHunterdon may be the right place for you.
The Bicycle & Pedestrian Programs Coordinator is responsible for bicycle and pedestrian programming including the Hunterdon County Safe Routes to School Program, Bike Hunterdon initiative, and supporting goHunterdon’s Safety Programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate level bicycling skills.
- Reliable, well maintained bicycle and helmet; willingness to use personal bicycle and helmet for program activity.
- Experience working with children in grades K-12.
- Ability to provide leadership, engage with community members and speak before public groups
- Competency with Microsoft Programs and Google Suite.
- Ability to prepare written narrative reports.
- Familiarity with Hunterdon County, NJ a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Safe Routes to School Program
- Facilitate the Hunterdon County Safe Routes to School Program which includes the participation of approximately twenty elementary/intermediate schools within Hunterdon County. Maintain established relationship at participating schools. Cultivate new relationships to expand programming reach.
- Develop presentations, activities, and events to engage students in pedestrian and bicycling safety education and encouragement~ walk to school events, safety audits, bicycle skills drills, helmet fittings.
- Support the development of School Travel Plans including facilitation of school committees, fieldwork, mapping, recommendations, and implementation.
- Participate in statewide Safe Routes to School coordination meetings and similar task forces, committees to represent Hunterdon County perspective.
- Maintain records of school activity and provide documentation in support of grant applications or
recognition under the New Jersey Safe Routes to School Recognition Program.
- Promote Hunterdon County as a bicycle tourism destination. Stay up to date on bicycling events and emerging issues within the bicycling community.
- Maintain and expand relationships with local bicycle shops, bike clubs, other relevant stakeholders
- Identify new routes for inclusion on the bikehunterdon.org website
- Promote and administer “Cyclists Welcome” campaign
- Promote and administer bicycle rack loan program
- Provide bicycle safety education through local municipalities, community and non-profit partners; facilitate bicycle assessments
Safety Programs Support
- Assist Safety Programs Team in conducting Street Smart NJ pedestrian safety campaigns, municipal walk and bike assessments, Speed Studies, and other safety programming.
Minimum Professional Qualifications
- BA. or B.S. from accredited college or university with a relevant degree or at least three to five years of direct work experience in a relevant field.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle; willingness to drive within Hunterdon County
- Ability and willingness to lift 25 lbs. (to transport equipment, event materials, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to walk up to 2 miles; bicycle up to 20 miles
- Reliable home internet connection
- Approved Background Check