Employment Status: Full time
Work Schedule and Environment: Monday- Friday. Flexible work schedule, collaborative work environment.
Location: Office is located in Raritan Township, NJ.
Compensation and Benefits: A competitive salary has been set for this position. Salary details will be shared with applicants who are invited to interview. Health Insurance, Paid time off, 401K Plan with employer match, mileage reimbursement for work related travel.
goHunterdon is a dynamic 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to safe, sustainable transportation and community mobility. Our small staff works collaboratively to deliver programs and services throughout Hunterdon County, NJ engaging with individuals, non- profit partners, schools, municipalities, and local, state and regional advocates.
We are seeking an individual to bring energy, enthusiasm, and experience to support and grow goHunterdon’s Community Mobility Program. If you are someone with a natural curiosity about people, learning new things, making a difference in the lives of others, and seeing the impact of your work on a daily basis goHunterdon may be the right place for you.
The Community Mobility Coordinator and Travel Trainer works to address the transportation needs of older adults, persons with a disability, and individuals with lower incomes in Hunterdon County, NJ through outreach, education, advocacy and training.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working with, and the ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with people of diverse backgrounds including with older adults, persons with a disability, and low income individuals.
- Demonstrated ability build and maintain relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to speak before small groups.
- Strong written, interpersonal, presentation, facilitation, and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate the necessary attitude, knowledge, and skills to deliver culturally competent assistance.
- Competency with Microsoft Programs and Google Suite.
- Ability to prepare written narrative quarterly written reports; prepare and submit timesheets and expense reports in a timely manner
- Familiarity with Hunterdon County, NJ
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Develop expertise and become a primary resource on information about available transportation services and facilities serving Hunterdon County, NJ and how these services may be accessed. Stay up to date on service changes of all services including, but not limited to the Hunterdon County LINK Transportation Service, local taxis, NJ TRANSIT Raritan Valley Line rail service, Trans-Bridge Lines bus service, park and ride facilities.
- Provide “concierge” assistance in response to inquiries from the general public, individuals with disabilities, older adults, and individuals with lower incomes, to identify and secure appropriate travel through available transportation services.
- Participate in community events to promote the availability of goHunterdon’s Community Mobility Programs.
- Oversee goHunterdon’s Information Outreach Partner Network and the distribution of printed schedules and related materials to ensure public access to transit information.
- Support marketing efforts to raise awareness of the Hunterdon County LINK Transportation System.
- Deliver Travel Training using existing curriculum; develop travel plans for individuals with disabilities, older adults, and individuals with lower incomes, small groups, and other interested stakeholders including how to identify appropriate services for travel needs; identify opportunities for updates to curriculum; work in collaboration with local non-profit organizations, schools, and other stakeholders to continually seek input into curriculum and travel training.
- Accompany individuals and small groups on rides on the Hunterdon County LINK Transportation System to ensure understanding of how to use the service (how to read schedules, reserve rides, and utilize available services.
Assist Healthcare Mobility Program
- Serve in a supporting role for the Healthcare Mobility Program as needed by facilitating Uber/Lyft rides for patients.
Minimum Professional Qualifications
- BA. or B.S. from an accredited college or university with a relevant degree or at least three to five years of direct work experience in a relevant field.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle; willingness to use personal vehicle to drive within Hunterdon County
- Ability and willingness to lift 25 lbs. (to transport equipment, event materials, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to walk up to 1/2 mile
- Reliable home internet connection
- Approved Background Check