goHunterdon recently completed an update to the Hunterdon County Coordinated Human Services Transportation Plan (CHSTP) in collaboration with the Hunterdon County Department of Human Services.
The Plan Update was accepted by the Hunterdon County Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC) in November 2020 and approved by the Hunterdon County Board of Chosen Freeholders (now County Commissioners) in December 2020.
The CHSTP is a required document for any county receiving federal funding for human services transportation. Plans must be updated every five years.
The 2020 Hunterdon County CHSTP Plan Update includes:
- Updated demographic information for human service populations, including older adults, persons with disabilities, low income individuals, and veterans.
- An evaluation of current human services transportation needs.
- An updated “inventory” of all available transportation services within Hunterdon County to determine any changes in levels of available service.
- A review of current Hunterdon County LINK Transportation System services and provision of transportation in Hunterdon County relative to ridership trends, community demands, and expressed needs.
- Recommendations on the consolidated approach to human services transportation to ensure coordination between all available transportation services with a key focus on providing these services efficiently and cost effectively.
- Identification of additional services to meet community need.
For questions about the Plan Update, assistance, or additional information on community mobility in Hunterdon County, contact Cathy Taglienti, goHunterdon Community Mobility Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 908.788.5553 x1.